Executive Protection Officer Job Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate from a Certified Law Enforcement Training Academy
- Minimum 26-hours of patrol vehicle operations training
- Minimum Training Academy handgun qualification score of 90%
- Minimum of 10 Years experience as a law enforcement officer with full arrest powers
- Working knowledge of police building search tactics
- Clean back-ground check and driving record
- Valid Pa Drivers License
- General knowledge of the Greater Pittsburgh Area
- Current First-Aid, CPR and Stop the Bleeding Training
- Must be able to pass an advanced firearms qualifications course (Moving and Shooting)
- Physically fit (able to run 50 yards starting in a prone position in 12 seconds)
- Able to work in a smoke-free environment
- Able to work 10 to 12-hour shifts in all weather conditions
- Supply personal duty gear. Semi-automatic handgun, 4.00 barrel length or more. 9mm or larger caliber with an ammunition capacity of at least 10 rounds, level 2 holster, a total of 4 magazines, magazine holder, flashlight and holder, soft body armor, cell phone with GPS capability.
Proficiency with Preferred – Will receive training on the following:
Portable outside CCTC coverage (4 cameras to monitor) with self-contained power.
Portable Infrared Motion Sensors Alarm System inside (4 alarms) self-contained power.
Portable Bulletproof Blanket Shield.